makeup by anne bismonte

makeup by anne bismonte

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Product Review: L'Oreal TRUE MATCH LUMI FOUNDATION MAKEUP

L'OREAL PARIS TRUE MATCH LUMI
 HEALTHY LUMINOUS MAKEUP



Hi everyone! Back for a product review again. This time I'm going to share a review about L'oreal True Match Lumi foundation makeup in the shade of Shell Beige. If you read about my last haul from Supersale Bazaar you'd know where I got this foundation from. If not CLICK HERE.

So, I just recently got this foundation and I totally fell in love with it! I use it almost everyday at work. I always try things maybe in a week or two before I make a review about them. Just to be sure if it is worth every penny and how my skin reacts to the product because sometimes the first and second try can be a little bit tricky. 


This foundation is actually the "true match" color of my skin tone. Shell Beige is a cool tone foundation that has a little beige-y color, and has a little bit yellow undertone. This foundation has wide range of shades to choose
from. It is not actually hard to choose which shade is for you, you just have to base it from your MAC's skin-tone shade. True Match Lumi has 3 foundation shade category. They have the Warm, Cool and Neutral shades. Shell beige is C4 which means it is under the cool tone shades. It is close to NC35 Studio fix fluid foundation of MAC, But I actually use NC30 more often since I prefer a tone lighter than my skin tone because I am acidic and foundation tends to oxidize when I use them so to balance it out I need to use a tone lighter than my usual skin-tone. So, Shell Beige is not actually the perfect color match since I need a tone lighter so to make this work out for me I mix it with my Revlon Colorstay foundation in shade buff which is a really light color and it actually works amazing on me. You just really need to look for ways how to make things work  for you. 





I've actually tried using this "Lumi foundation" alone but at the end of the day it looks pretty dark on me because it oxidize. Maybe I should try to buy the lighter shade of this foundation to mix them both and work things out. I actually got this from Chedelyn's Cosmetics last Supersale Bazaar. It cost me 500.00php or $12. 

It is actually a nice foundation. Wallet-friendly compare to other high end brand foundations. I remember the Neutrogena Healthy Skin makeup and the Nars sheer glow foundation, the three of them has the same finish. Dewy, light weight and a little "runny" consistency foundation. But I like the Lumi more than the two. I love the finish, the coverage is light, buildable to light-medium with an additional layer of the foundation. The packaging is also a great plus! It has a pump so you wouldn't have any messy foundation bottle. I love my Revlon Colorstay but the packaging is really awful same with the Mac Studio Fix Fluid - you can get a pump but with extra charge.



I will continue using this foundation as it actually works on me but I  will try to mix this with my other foundations to add a little bit more coverage and to balance the shade of this foundation since it appears dark after hours of application. I think this foundation is better on dry skin since the consistency of the product is moisturizing that it might have a little slip for oily skin but it depends on how you prep or prime your face before applying liquid
foundations.


I will show you a photo of my before and after application of the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Makeup Foundation.
 

For prepping my face I use Nivea Visage Sparking pore minimizing facial foam cleanser. Then, I use my forever favorite toner Nivea Aqua Effect - Mattifying Toner for combination skin and then moisturize my face with Olay natural white fairness cream.








I just used the 3 products mentioned above for my before photo. As you can see, I have acne scars on my cheeks, redness around my nose, dark under-eye circles and I am still breaking out on some parts of my face. So no jokes, I don't have that flawless skin. But my makeup does the great job for that problem. Thanks to them! LOL!







Used a little makeup for this photo. 

Products used:
- L'oreal True Match Lumi Makeup Foundation
- Flormar Full Coverage concealer in 02
- Nichido Multiple stick blush in sunset glow
- L'oreal Super Blendable bronzer in Golden bronze
- Maybeline Instant age rewind finisher powder in creamy natural
- Maybeline Instant age rewind dark circle eraser in illuminator
- Nichido Brow pencil in Dark brown
- Nyx lip pencil in Rose
- Ever Bilena Matte lipstick in Off beat Pink
(Yes no mascara to keep it simple.)



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment